Monday 16 February 2015

Your Own Personal Space

Hiii, today I have quite a weird post for you. At home, my room is my own little space where it can reflect me in whatever way I want. I have decorated my room so much over the last few years and even though I liked it, it was never 100% me. So over the last year or so I have tried to make this happen as much as possible. I've spent so much time trying to perfect it and get it so it's my own personal room, and I think I've finally done it so I thought it would be nice to show you and give you ideas on how you can make your room personal to you. 


I have a lot of brushes and moisturizers so I just used old boxes and stored them in there. When I was little I always loved making my own boxes out of toilet roll holders (if you haven't done this, you haven't lived) but obviously I would look a bit weird using one now so I think an old box is similar to that and just reminds me of being a child, I guess.   
Some of you might know this, you might not but my favourite band is One Direction so the 'Little Things' box just had to happen. 


(I got these boxes from B&Q, btw)


I don't know why but I absolutely love shelves, I don't know why but I do. So when I saw these cute little shelves, couldn't really turn them down, could I? I just think they're a great way of holding stuff without using drawers all of the time, I find it really simple. 

(You can find these in B&M)


Obviously I love fashion, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this blog so my Nan got me a mannequin for Christmas and I absolutely love it. It's such a personal object and to be given it by someone else makes you think that they've gone out and saw this and thought of you so it just really reflects you. 
I also love nail varnishes and perfumes and I love the boxes that perfumes come in so I'll just put the boxes on my shelf because I think they look nice. 



I got this for Christmas this year and I was honestly so happy with it. I love playing board games and card games and to receive this for Christmas was just amazing, I love it. I think every needs little ornaments like this that remind you of things because they're so personal. Candles. Ornaments are like candles. Everyone just has to have one. 



This is what I think reflects me the most in my room. I am a very big fan of many bands/singers/comedians so naturally, I had to have posters and pictures. So I have one wall dedicated to posters and pictures. I love it because the pictures on there make it like a memory wall. I have so many pictures on there from my first One Direction concert, friends, family, holidays and I love looking at it, it reminds me of so many good memories so it's my favourite thing in my room. 
I also have a lot of framed pictures because I like them too much to go on the wall so I keep them on my bedside table. 





This might not be very useful to you but I hope it gives you some inspiration if you're redecorating or moving house, I don't know but I hope you enjoyed it! 
P.S I'm sorry it's a bit lengthy. 

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment