Sunday 29 November 2015

Let's Talk Strobing!

Hiii, it's nearly December which means CHRISTMAS and I'm super excited so I have a post that has nothing to do with Christmas or December at all, woo!


I'm 99.9% sure that you've all heard of the term 'strobing.' To me, it's a kind of light, however, nowadays we live in a world where one word means various things. Like strobing. It's now a make up term. A term that is widely used on a daily basis, apparently for them 'lazy' people. Me, being quite lazy, felt like I had to explore what the world of strobing entailed. 

Strobing, in the make up sense, means highlighting the parts of your face you wish to bring out. Which is the opposite to contouring, where you wish to bring things in. We all know contouring takes a lot of skill, you're either blessed with the ability to be able to contour and look like you have amazing cheekbones and a jawline which could cut through wood. But unfortunately, I fall into the second category where I just look like I have a massive brown like running through the middle of my cheek. So when I stumbled upon something which could essentially help me massively, I'd be pretty stupid not to give it a whirl. 

For this you basically need the most dewy foundation you can find. I already had this in me little stash, so I'm going to use the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation. I'm actually between two shades so I'm going to mix 010 Porcelain and 100 Ivory. Some tutorials that I watched online, used a creamy moisturiser as well so underneath the foundation, I used the No7 Early Defence Day Cream. This foundation is super dewy anyway but it just adds a little bit extra something to your face. I'm not going to set my foundation, I'm going to go straight in with a highlighter and I'm using the KIKO Milano Beam of Light highlighter in 01. IF you saw my KIKO haul about 4 months ago, it's the one featured there. Anyway, I'm going to take this where I want the light to hit me most,m so the tops of my cheekbones, the place on my forehead above my nose (Not sure what it's called), a little bit down the bride of my nose and a little bit in the middle of my chin as well. 

I have a feeling this is going to go really badly. Oh and I'm using my finger to do this, brushes are so last year. 

Alright, here we go, the finished piece. I look so weird and uncomfortable, I'm sorry. My eye looked very uncomfortable so I've just stuck a little heart over it. LOL. 

Personally, I don't think it has the same effect as contouring but it is a lot quicker so maybe i will use it. If i'm ever feelin lazy (most of the time), I'll just pop a bit on and I'm good to go!



Give it a go and see how you fair with it! Let me know how you get on as well if you do decide to give it a go! 

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment