Friday 22 July 2016

Tips for Concerts

Currently sat outside listening to Catfish and the Bottlemen, reminiscing about when I saw them 3 weeks ago when they supported the Stereophonics in Wrexham. I do love a good concert, and it’s safe to say I’ve been to my fair share of them. I’ve learnt many things during them so I thought it would probably be useful to share some useful tips and advice.


Throwback to 1D!



SENSIBLE SHOES.
Heels aren’t the best shoes to wear to a concert. And I’ve learnt that the hard way. Concerts last a good 3-4 hours, so if you’re walking around, standing and obviously dancing for that much time, you just want to be comfortable. Just wear a comfortable pair of Converse, Vans, sandals, etc. Also, wear something that doesn’t give you blisters.


Wear something you’re going to be comfortable in
It’s nice to dress up sometimes but at concerts, do you really want to be worrying about your dress riding up or your shirt untucking itself from your trousers. You’re there to have a good time, you don’t want to be worrying about little things, just enjoy yourself.


Plan everything well in advance
Concert days are exciting and you don’t want to be worrying about travel. Plan your journey, make sure your lift is reliable, if not look online for trains or buses. The earliest I think any concert, for me personally, has finished is 10pm and at that time, I really don’t want to be unsure of how I’m getting home. Make sure you know when trains or buses are leaving or where you’re meant to be meeting your lift. Concerts are busy, make your experience easier by planning.


Don’t go alone
The thought of going to a concert alone scares the life out of me. It’s a busy place and it’s always better to have someone with you, just in case. And plus, you've to got to dance with someone haven't you?! 


Make sure your phone is fully charged before you go
Obviously you’re going to want to take photos and videos, so do I. But make sure you leave enough battery for your journey home. Sometimes trains are delayed or you get a bit lost. You need to be in a position where you can use your phone without worrying about the battery dying.


Eat and drink plenty
Concerts are sweaty. And it gets very very hot. Every venue sells food and drink, make sure you buy something. There’s no use in getting dehydrated or feeling faint.
Also your throat hurts A LOT afterwards, you'll need something to help with that!


Be careful of other people
I went to an outdoor concert not long ago and I was standing. Some people just forgot about personal space. I’m a really shy person and when people are in my space I just get a bit uncomfortable. Obviously everyone’s there to have a good time, I’m not telling you not to enjoy yourself, just be aware of people around you.


Take a banner
People love really funny banners, and if you can get close enough, you’ll get spotted by the artist and it’ll be the best day of your life. Add a couple of lights, make it fancy. 


Know the words
Concerts are so enjoyable and knowing the words makes the experience 10 times better. You can belt out every single lyric and have the most amazing time.


Put your phone down
Yes, you want to take tons of pictures and videos so you can re-live it further down the line, I do it as well. But put your phone down, even if it’s for one song. Experience it fully. Soak up all of the atmosphere and just focus on seeing your favourite artist live.


Don’t be embarrassed
Stand up, dance and sing at the top of your lungs. Honestly no one cares, you’re never to see those people again so just have the time of your life and like they say, dance like nobody’s watching.


HAVE FUN
The most important part. You’ve paid a lot of money for that, have the time of your life. Concerts are amazing, so fully enjoy the experience of seeing your favourite artists live.



I feel like this has been a really negative post, it wasn’t meant to, I just think these are really important things to remember when you go to a concert. Let me know if you have any advice about going to concerts, they're quite tricky to get right I think, but they can be one of the most amazing experiences ever. 


P.S - I’m very much enjoying this weather and I’d be very happy if it decided to stay like this until after my birthday. 30˚C on my 18th? FAB. *hint hint*

No comments:

Post a Comment