Friday 29 July 2016

Hair Care *Updated*

Over the last year or so, I’ve tried really hard to try and get my hair looking healthy again. And I am finally happy with how it looks. I did a post like this last year and a couple of things have changed since then so I thought I would do an updated hair care post.



Like I said in my first hair care post, I admit I had it highlighted a few times and I even dyed it myself at home quite a lot. Last year I put a blonde colouring on it because I wanted it lighter and I even dyed it pink as well. None of the colours that I used damaged my hair in any way, the way in which I went about it and treated after probably wasn’t as good as it could have been.


So, first things first, shampoo and conditioner. I remember watching a YouTube video last year on hair care (I can’t remember what the video was called or who posted it otherwise I’d leave a link) but I remember them mentioning that hairdressers wash your hair twice with shampoo and once with conditioner. They wash it twice with shampoo because the first wash loosens up the dirt, oil, and any products that you’ve put on your hair. The second wash with shampoo actually removes them. Some people may need to do a third wash depending on the amount of product that you have on your hair.

Shampoo and conditioner should be picked in order to give your hair the best benefit. Use products that suit your kind of hair, don’t pick any random shampoo and conditioner. I personally use Tresemme and they have a good range of different shampoos and conditioners to suit different hair types.


Recently I bought this from my hairdressers and it’s the Revlon Professional Uniq One All-in-one Hair Treatment and I’ve got mine in Coconut, and they also do the Classic and the Lotus one. I’ve used it a few times and I’ve noticed such a difference in my hair already. It covers so many different areas when protecting and enhancing your hair and it’s an all round good product to use in my opinion. I'll leave the website HERE and you can see for yourself all of the amazing pros it has. I can’t actually find where it says you can buy these products on the website but if you are interested, maybe just check with your hairdresser and see if they do it. I bought mine for just under £15 so I presume it will be somewhere in that region for you.



Like I said in my last hair care post, I try not to use too much heat on my hair. I leave it to dry on its own 99% of the time and if I do have to use the hairdryer, I will wait an hour if I can before using hair straighteners or curlers. I tend to curl my hair but if I’m not going anywhere, I won’t do anything with it just so I can let it breathe and hang naturally.


I have noticed a big difference in my hair since I’ve started taking more care of it. I’ve noticed so much more volume and it looks a lot more healthy than it did a year and half ago and it’s a lot easier to manage now.

If you have any hair tips, feel free to leave a comment, and I hope you enjoyed it!


:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment