Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Easter!

Hiii, sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been revising so I've struggled to find enough time to blog! Anyway, today I spent the day baking little cakes ready for Easter so I thought I'd show you them!

 






Anyway, first I made Rice Krispie cakes so I melted a whole bar of this cooking chocolate. If you put a bowl of the chocolate resting over a pan of boiling water on the stove, it will melt a lot quicker. And leave it until it is completely melted. 





Then, add the Rice Krispies. The more Rice Kripsies, the more cakes. After mixing it all together, put the mixture into some cake cases. It's entirely up to you how much you fill the cases. 



To add a bit of decoration I used the Dr Oetker Hundreds & Thousands and the Dr Oetker Chocolate hearts which come in a pack with milk and white chocolate. I added these before the mixture dried because they will stick a lot better. 





Next I made some fairy cakes. I'm not very good at making my own mixture so I cheated and used this packet from Tesco which you can use for little fairy cakes or a big sponge cake. All you have to do with this packet is add an egg and water and mix until it's smooth. 





Again, it's entirely up to you how much you fill the cases. After filling them I remembered I had some coconut so I just sprinkled some coconut on some of them and mixed it in with a spoon.  I then let these cook for about 20 minutes at 180˚. After they come out, stick a knife in the middle to check that they're cooked properly. 




Whilst they were cooking and cooling, I made some butter cream by using the Silver Spoon icing sugar and some butter. I can never remember whether you have to add a drop of water so I did anyway just to be safe! 




I then piped the butter cream onto the cakes and added some more decoration. I used Wafer Daisies, Chocolate Flavoured Strands and Chocolate Silver Pearls all from Dr Oetker. 





After decoration, just leave them to rest for about 20 minutes/half an hour just so they set properly. 


I hope this was useful! If you decide to have a go at making these, send me a picture through Twitter, Instagram, email or in the comments below. All of the links are in the 'Contact Section' above if you want to message me any pictures. 

Happy Easter!! 

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment